We welcome comment an any topic... This website, our activities, our product, our service, or life in general. Do email us from the CWW Contact page
If you cannot visit us in Filkins, do please visit our
Hello… My name is Simon Brittain, and I’ve been a stonemason and carver all my working life. I would really like to introduce you to the historic craft of stone masonry. Whether you want to make a new stone windowsill, or dream of sculpting in stone, please come to my workshop for a day’s taster session, and let me guide you through some of the practical skills involved.
Every student will leave with a piece of Cotswold stone they have worked for themselves with mallet and chisel. And they’ll have had a great day too.
This practical, hands-
The day will begin with an introduction to the fascinating Cotswold Woollen Weavers and Filkins Stone Company complex in Filkins with tea/coffee, and a very short overview of what limestone is, where it comes from, and why it is so important to the heritage of the Cotswolds. Its then over to the specially equipped masonry workshop where students will then spend the morning learning how to use essential stone masonry tools in order to square up a block, work an edge to a scribed line, and more.
A buffet lunch will be provided in the coffee shop at Cotswold Woollen Weavers, and in the afternoon, students will be encouraged to use their new-
Course Details for Stonemasonry Taster Days
* Taster Day courses are suitable for anyone who has anything from very little stonemasonry experience to none at all. (Yep, NONE at all!)
* Each course starts with coffee at 10.00am and finishes at 4.30pm, although students can continue in the studio by themselves throughout the evening if they wish to.
* Everything is provided for students: coffee, lunch, stone, tools, and all other equipment.
* Students should dress sensibly: jeans, and stout footwear. (And a pullover in winter.)
* No more than six students will take part in a Taster Day, and each will have their own banker (workbench and tools) provided.
* Please contact Richard Martin ( 0771 3636 415 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) to book your place.
* The price per student is £115. Payment can be made by credit card or PayPal.
for details of Stone taster days
All Taster Day courses run from 10.00am to 4.30pm
Some of the beautiful stonework made in the studio in Filkins
by Filkins Stone Company >>
For further information, or to book a course, please contact
Richard Martin on 0771 3636 415 or email@example.com
£115 for a really great day learning something new and worthwhile